Saturday, October 4, 2014

Cold War IV: The Actual Footnotes of History

Full disclosure, most of the shit that I'm posting, I'm getting the information from compensation notebooks.  You know, those spotty black & white ones that you see all the time next to the crap spiral notebooks.  I have a collection of them:
Actually, I'm in my thirties, I have several bankers boxes full of them dating back to my sophomore year of high school.  Some of them are failed attempts at creative writing, those are the unlabeled notebooks.

The ones that are labeled have vague titles:  "Cuba.  Chile, FOIA, CIA, Guardian, BBC, FOX, Crusades, Am Rev, Fren Rev, Kennedy..."

Kennedy actually takes up a LOT of space.  Kennedy takes up three notebooks & an entire external hard-drive.  Kennedy, more specifically what happened that day in Dallas, has been a bit of an obsession since dad took me to see JFK when I was a kid & it scared the shit out of me.
It's sort of like untangling the Gordian Knot only you can't cheat & hack it in two with a sword like Alex did.  You find a thread & you pick at it & pick at it until you hit a dead end, then you start with with another piece of the puzzle & try to put it all together again.

The truth is out there & if you just pick at it enough...if you pick at it enough you'll still never put it all together.

Moving on....

People wanted what I used to get the information used for the last Cold War post & that is a request that is MORE than fair for any line of bull that you read from me.   All you need to is ask for them.

I'm still not going to issue them in the blog itself, because I'm still of the belief that the moment an American eye finds a footnote they tune out.

That aside, they are at your request & I will do my best to link each & every one to Amazon for your convenience.  

Cold War IV: The Chicago Boys:

THE ISSUE OF PLAYBOY DEALING WITH THE ROGUE ECONOMICS HAS YET TO BE FOUND

A Nation of Enemies: Chile Under Pinochet by Pamela Constable 

The Dictator's Shadow: Life Under Augusto Pinochet by Heraldo Munoz

Latin America in the Era of the Cuban Revolution: Revised Edition by Thomas C Wright

State Terrorism in Latin America: Chile, Argentina, and International Human Rights by Thomas C. Wright

Inevitable Revolutions: The United States in Central America by Walter LaFeber

The Condor Years: How Pinochet And His Allies Brought Terrorism To Three Continents by John Dinges

Luz Arce and Pinochet's Chile: Testimony in the Aftermath of State Violence by Michael J. Lazzara

Major Problems in American Foreign Relations, Volume II: Since 1914 by Dennis Merrill

As I said, for every post, I will issue a works cited on request.  As often as possible, I'll link them all to Amazon & when I can I'll search out the Kindle Editions.

I'll leave you with this:

No comments:

Post a Comment